2017 | A Fresh Start

Remember me? No? I used to blog here? After what was probably the worst couple of months, personally, I am returning to my little blog with a new (less negative) name, a clear head and a handful of memes. I am so happy that 2016 is finally over!! While many good things happened, the negative outweighed a lot of the positive so I am happy see the back of it. It's great to be back here and be able to concentrate on blogging a little bit more and start 2017 off completely fresh. As a really appropriate start to the year, I've decided to lay out my 2017 resolutions, so that in December I can look back at how many (or how little!!!) I've accomplished this year. 


Unfortunately there are too many others "being me," "representing me," it's time for "ME" to be "ME," not someone else to be me!:

photo from Pintrest

1. Blog and vlog more

I love blogging but the end half of the year swallowed me up, between college, family things and my general laziness. I want to really get back to writing more and having more of a creative outlet for myself. I also want to get back into videoing everything, from nights out and trips away to just generally taking in everything around me. I love watching back my yearly montages and old, shitty vlogs I used to make when I was eighteen of stupid things my mates and I used to do. To spur myself on, I asked for a good camera for Christmas for taking pictures and videos - a Sony Cybershot DSC-WX500. I have been videoing lots over the last few weeks and can't wait to get editing and uploading.

2. Be more organised

I am a bold little lady, I wing everything. I live by the "ah sure, be grand" attitude and always have. 2017 is gonna be a hectic year for me as I prepare to finish my degree and to hopefully make a move to Nottingham in September. If I want to do these things and start my actual adult life, I need to kick my ass into gear!! I have recently started a bullet journal to discipline myself a little bit, to keep track of the money I spent, the sleep I get and to stop myself from leaving things to the last minute. I have to adult eventually, so this is my year to do that.

3. Become more independent

As I mentioned, I want to move away to Nottingham in September, either to do a Masters degree in Nottingham Trent or even just to get a job and test the waters of adulthood all on my own. Nottingham is my favourite place in the world, where I have a circle of amazing friends in a gorgeous, friendly city that isn't too big or too small, plus it's not too far away from my parents. I depend on my mam and dad a lot, to the point where a lot of my friends and family don't believe I'll actually be able to make the move at all. Even I'm secretly not too confident myself - I am a homebird and my parents are my everything, plus my lack of cooking/cleaning/life skills too!! However, this year I want to stand on my own two feet and prove to everybody and myself that yes, I can do things on my own, even if only for a year. I need to do these things while I'm young so why not?

4. Show more body-ody-ody!

This is probably a silly one, but really!! I have been lucky enough to have a fast metabolism and good figure my whole life, which I get from my mam and her sisters. I am very grateful for my genes!!! But often, I find myself slipping into the category of jeans and a top every night out I go on. I spend my life on Missguided lusting after dresses, playsuits, sheer tops and pretty bras that I never buy because "I have nothing to wear them to". I'm not gonna be this size forever and I don't want to put off wearing pretty things that accentuate my frame because "it's too fancy" or "none of my friends are wearing their legs out". This year I'm gonna buy that dress or buy that bralet and I'm gonna wear it while I actually can pull it off. I don't wanna find myself at an age where I have a wardrobe full of things I can't wear anymore.

5. Get my septum pierced

Another silly one, but I have been putting it off for SO LONG and I'm dying to get it done and be the cute, Instagram girlo that I've always wanted to be (haha!!!). I know it's not to everybody's tastes and I know a lot of people (shoutout to Shauna, Andy, my brother, my mam, fifty other people) have told me not to get it done but I can take out if it's rotten sure. In the words of the gorgeous Kim Chi, yeah kinda but yolo.

6. Go to more gigs

I spent my whole late teens going to gigs all. the. time. There was even a stage where I had at least one per month. I don't know how in the name of jaysus I could afford it but I lived, died and came back to life for them. I love music more than anything, whether it be the pop punk bands of my past to the love of my life, K-pop, I pretty much love every genre. I haven't been to a lot of gigs over the last two years and it hurts my heart so this year I'm determined to change that. I've also never been to a K-pop show and I really want to change that too. First stop is Kehlani in The Academy next month.

7. Do the splits.

A girl can dream, right??

game recognize game #stayhumble #slay #repeat:

photo from Pintrest

I've never been the type to make New Years resolutions but I definitely want to make a lot of changes this year. I'm excited to see what the year holds for everybody. I'm gonna be 23, I'm gonna have a degree and be in a new city by the end of the year, a lot of good things are to come in the meantime!! What are some of your New Years resolutions?

Thanks for reading, lots of love to you all!

xox






Comments

Popular Posts